Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chapter book spurt

Finally! The muse has been striking! Around New Year's, I came up with an idea for a chapter book series. It's got some educational value to it, but should also hopefully be entertaining, as well. I managed to outline the premise, as well as prospective titles. I even started doing tome research.

Of course, I was going to blog about it, to let you all know, and then didn't have a chance...

I managed to get a couple of pages written in that book and then let it go for a bit. Today, I felt like I needed to do something productive before watching the football championship games. I opened up the laptop, thinking I would work on the book I had started during NaNo. Instead, Beth and Derek were calling to me.

My fingers flew across the keyboard and now I can say that the first two chapters are complete. I also was able to figure out the missing piece of the quest. I knew there had to be something for which they were searching, just wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I'm excited.

Now, I definitely need to do some more research, to make sure my facts are correct, before I keep on writing. I hope I can do that part soon! And, in the meantime, perhaps some of those other stories will also yell in my ear.

2 comments:

  1. All you can do it take everything one page at a time...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I am an ant climbing a mountain right now, but once I can bust through and complete something, all bets are off. :-)

      Delete